FunCPE courses are acceptable for Certified Professional Bookkeeper (PB) CPE credit. PBs in every state can receive credit for our courses.
Universal Accounting was founded in 1979 and has a current membership of 1,000s of bookkeepers. Universal Accounting created the Professional Bookkeeper certification and focuses on:
- Providing students with the education, skills and confidence needed to enjoy a successful career in full-charge accounting, bookkeeping and tax and
- Assisting accounting and tax firms in building more profitable client bases.
How to become a Professional Bookkeeper
To achieve the Certified Professional Bookkeeper designation, you must complete over 48 hours of training using a Universal Accounting home study correspondence course which covers:
- Accounting. Understand the core building blocks of Accounting and Bookkeeping: the tools, procedures, and underlying principles that make up the bookkeeping processes of all businesses.
- Practical Small Business Applications. Learn to set up books from scratch and do payroll. Apply your understanding of the core accounting principles to specific industries.
- Advancing your "Account-Ability." Find out how to set up complete bookkeeping systems and manage the books for a variety of more sophisticated industries.
- Building a Successful Accounting Service. Follow the steps to finding paying clients. Start and grow an accounting practice following a proven program tested and perfected since 1979.
You must also pass the final exam with a 90% or better grade.
The Universal Accounting Professional Bookkeeper program does not require continuing education in order to maintain your professional bookkeeper certification. All CPE is optional, however you are encouraged to recognize the importance of professional education in maintaining and improving bookkeeping comprehension as well as staying up to date on bookkeeping best practices.
UA does not require periodic renewal of the Professional Bookkeeper certification, and there is no deadline for completion of continuing education.
Accordingly, FunCPE courses in the following subject areas are recommended for CPE for CBs:
- Accounting and auditing
- Advisory Services
- Many tax courses use free downloadable materials
- You can also order most of the study materials for home delivery with no shipping charges
- No hidden additional sales tax or shipping cost
- All FunCPE exams are available online 24/7 to help you meet your CPE requirements on time
- You can take our free course to see first hand how easy it is to take one of our courses
We welcome Professional Bookkeepers to our site and would like to serve your needs better. Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Professional Bookkeeper CPE specifically.
You may also want to sign up for our newsletter to receive notification of new courses as they are added.