FunCPE is an Approved Continuing Education Sponsor for the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Preparers
View IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider agreement (2017)
The EA IRS Approved CE Provider number for FunCPE is FAE6R.
- AFSP IRS Approved CE Provider number is FAE6R.
- FunCPE has been an approved IRS CPE sponsor for over 14 years for IRS tax preparers, including EAs, RTRPs and now AFSPs (also called Other Tax Return Preparers (OTRPs)
- Each tax and ethics course has an approved IRS program number which prints on your certificate
- Your name and address
- CE program name
- IRS issued program number
- Date completed
- Length of CE program indicating CPE credit hours
- Signature of a sponsor representative
- IRS approved provider number
- CE Provider name and address
- You can also view and reprint your certificates at any time by logging into the course system.
- Although courses must be completed within one year, your login never expires
- All FunCPE certificates include the required information
FunCPE Reports CE courses completed to the IRS
In accordance with IRS CE Provider requirements, FunCPE reports your courses completed and CE hours earned to the IRS directly. CE is reported to the IRS electronically, and the IRS system checks what we submit against the PTIN information you provided to the IRS. We report every Monday all CE courses completed in the week just passed ending Sunday. The IRS then posts the CE courses to your PTIN account overnight, and you can view the courses reported on Tuesday, by logging into your PTIN account.
How to make sure your CE gets reported to the IRS
We ask for your PTIN number when you enroll in a course, as required by the CE reporting requirements. The PTIN you enter in our registration must match the first and last name you provided to the IRS with your PTIN registration. The IRS matches the PTIN to your first and last name only, the middle name or middle initial is not considered.
We recommend that you login to your IRS PTIN account to verify the name you have on record with the IRS and the PTIN, and then use the exact name when registering for courses. Do not include any punctuation in your name such as hypens, commas or periods, as these will cause the CE to be rejected when we submit it. Also, the PTIN is the letter "P" followed by 8 numbers. Do not use the letter "O" --only use zeros in your PTIN when you enter it in our course system.
PTIN CE hours reported are viewable in your IRS account
You can log into your PTIN account on the IRS web site and view hours reported. This will allow you to verify that all courses taken have been properly credited to your account. We anticipate some mis-reported CE due to typos when the PTIN is entered. We report your hours every Monday for the week just passed ending Sunday, and takes 24 hours (the hours are posted overnight) for the IRS to post the hours to your account.
We do automatically send you an email if you have entered a PTIN in your account setup, and when we submit your courses, the hours are rejected by the IRS. Definitely contact us if you don't see the courses posted to your account.