You are here: Home CPE Acceptance All Professionals American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS)

All professionals

The following professionals can take our CPE courses for credit.

Click on the professional title to view details about specific CPE course requirements.

American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS)

The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) does not require any additional CPE to maintain membership.

The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers requires that members have one or more of the following professional designations:

  • Enrolled Agents (EA)
  • Certified Public Accounants (CPA)
  • Attorney

For individuals who do not have one the above designations, ASTPS also offers an Associate Membership for non-licensed agents.

CPE Requirements for ASTPS membership

To maintain your ASTPS membership, you must maintain your professional designation.  Any specific CPE requirement is just related to maintaining the EA, CPA or Attorney designation.  ASTPS has no additional CPE requirements.  

Individuals in the Associate Membership category do not have any CPE requirements currently.

 ASTPS Certification program

The Certified Tax resolution Specialist (CTRS) designation is available to EAs, CPAs and Attorneys how pass an exam and agree to abide by the bylaws and professional ethics related to the CTRS certification program. 

See more details on the ASTPS CTRS here. 

We welcome American Society of Tax Problem Solver Tax Preparers to our site and would like to serve your needs better. Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for ASTPS needs specifically. 

Become a smarter, richer accountant

in just 10 minutes when you read

The Thrifty Accountant Newsletter

When we run across something that will help you save money--or make your work easier, we put it in our monthly newsletter.

Sign up now, it's FREE!

Privacy Policy: We will never share your email address. Period. You are free to cancel at any time.

California Tax Education Council (CTEC)

FunCPE does not currently offer CTEC courses to California tax preparers.  We have partnered with our friends at to offer students access to CTEC approved courses.  

California law requires anyone who prepares (or assists with) tax returns for a fee, and is not an attorney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA), to register as a tax preparer with CTEC.