This course provides an in-depth overview of the assessment of whether or not an arrangement is or contains a lease. Many times, this assessment is straight forward, but often times, there are challenges in making this determination.
This text includes a discussion of specific guidance prescribed by ASC Topic 842 as well as additional interpretive guidance provided several of the Big 4 accounting firms.
The short-term lease exception available in ASC Topic 842 is also discussed.
CPE Course For:
CPAs in most states (chart)
Other Professionals (chart)
Not Valid For:
Not sure? Contact us!
Online Course Materials
Fully online PDF materials included in course.
Login to your course to read online / print / save to local drive
- Clickable table of contents
- Learning objectives--each section
- Review questions--each section
- Answers to review questions + explanations
- Glossary of terms used
- Worksheets, forms and examples
- Index with page numbers
* Fully searchable *
Fun CPE Course #: KCX50422
Materials: Online materials
Format: Interactive self-study
Exam questions: Final-5 multiple choice
Document length: 25 pages
Passing score: 70% | Unlimited retakes
Advance prep: None
Course level: Overview
Last reviewed/updated: 09/09/22
Expiration: One year from enrollment
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Determine whether an arrangement is or contains a lease
- Determine whether an arrangement includes an identified asset
- Identify considerations with respect to substitution rights and decision-making rights
- Recognize the short-term lease exception prescribed by ASC Topic 842