Health insurance is so central to the health and well-being of people that it may be hard for many Americans to believe it could ever have been a less important factor in helping to promote good health than it is today. In fact, health insurance as it is recognized today is a relatively recent development.
Since the early development of health insurance coverage, many changes have occurred in the manner in which health care services are delivered and paid for. Among those changes is the emergence of various tax-favored health plans. This course will examine many of those tax-favored health plans.
Online Course Materials
Fully online PDF materials included in course.
Login to your course to read online / print / save to local drive
- Clickable table of contents
- Learning objectives--each section
- Review questions--each section
- Answers to review questions + explanations
- Glossary of terms used
- Worksheets, forms and examples
- Index with page numbers
* Fully searchable *
Fun CPE Course #: PWX0722
Materials: Online materials
Format: Interactive self-study
Subject: Federal Tax
Exam questions: Final-15 multiple choice
Document length: 50 pages
Passing score: 70% | Unlimited retakes
Advance prep: None
Course level: Overview
Last reviewed/updated: 01/01/22
Expiration: One year from enrollment
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the tax treatment of premiums for and benefits from health insurance policies;
• Apply the rules governing health savings accounts and Archer medical savings accounts;
• Recognize the tax treatment of health reimbursement accounts;
• Compare the tax treatment of employer-paid and individually-paid disability income insurance policies;
• Apply the tax rules governing business-related disability coverage; and
• Identify the tax treatment of long term care insurance.