According to a survey done by the Pew Research Center results published in November 2021, 16% of Americans indicated they personally have invested in, traded or otherwise used virtual currency. Additionally, the number of people investing in or engaging in transactions involving virtual currency continues to increase.
These statistics strongly suggest that tax preparers must be aware of the nature of virtual currency and its tax treatment. It’s to provide that awareness that Tax Treatment of Virtual Currency was written.
Online Course Materials
Fully online PDF materials included in course.
Login to your course to read online / print / save to local drive
- Clickable table of contents
- Learning objectives--each section
- Review questions--each section
- Answers to review questions + explanations
- Glossary of terms used
- Worksheets, forms and examples
- Index with page numbers
* Fully searchable *
Fun CPE Course #: PWX1822
Materials: Online materials
Format: Interactive self-study
Subject: Federal Tax
Exam questions: Final-10 multiple choice
Document length: 40 pages
Passing score: 70% | Unlimited retakes
Advance prep: None
Course level: Overview
Last reviewed/updated: 05/16/22
Expiration: One year from enrollment
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the methods of obtaining and storing virtual currency;
- Describe how transactions involving virtual currency work;
- Understand the basic nature of blockchains;
- Apply the existing U.S. tax laws to virtual currency transactions; and
- Identify when and where to report taxable virtual currency events and transactions.