CPE for CPAs licensed in Hawaii
Hawaii CPAs can take CPE courses from sponsors outside of Hawaii for CPE credit.
Overview of requirements:
Note that our courses are pretested in accordance with the AICPA CPE regulations and all courses are classified as interactive.
Evidence of satisfactory completion
All students receive a Certificate of Completion after satisfactorily passing the final exam of the course. The certificate contains:
- student’s name and address,
- course name,
- course number,
- CPE hours,
- course format,
- field of study and
- CPE Provider name and address.
All courses include a study guide, which contains an outline of the course material. These outlines can be printed by the student if desired.
CPA CPE records are maintained for a minimum of five years.
From the Accountancy Board of Hawii CPA Continuing Education rules
More information is available online:
§16-71-38 Requirements for individual self-study programs.
Each individual self-study program shall:
(1) Be conducted by a qualified board approved sponsor;
(2) Through its sponsor, issue a certificate of completion, specifying subject matter and recommended continuing professional education credit hours; and
(3) Through its sponsor, maintain written records of each student and of the program outline for a period of two years immediately following the conclusion of the program.
§16-71-39 Sponsors whose programs automatically qualify.
Subject to compliance with the requirements of sections 16-71-37 and 16-71-38, the program sponsors who automatically qualify shall include:
(1) All non-profit nationally recognized accounting and auditing associations, such as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the National Society of Public Accountants, the American Society of Women Accountants, the National Association of Accountants, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, and their respective state societies, state boards, chapters, or branches;
(2) Universities and colleges, provided that the institutions are accredited as specified under section 16-71-17(a)(1); or
(3) Sponsors approved by another state board or by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy’s National Registry.
FunCPE courses are accepted for Hawaii CPA CPE credit, as we are approved by several other state boards. The state boards which have issued sponsor numbers to FunCPE are:
- Illinois (#158-002143)
- New York (#002025)
- Ohio (# H0016)
- Pennsylvania (#PX177424)
- Texas (#008473)