You are here: Home CPE Acceptance EA EA Contact Information

EA Contact Information

Enrolled Agents' Helpline

  • EA enrollment questions
  • Renewal status (Form 8554)
  • Application status (Form 23)

Phone:  (855) 472-5540 (Toll free)

International callers:  The EA Helpline does NOT have a non-toll free number that could be used by international callers to contact this office.  Enrolled Agents who would be calling from out of the country should use email to contact the Enrolled Agents' Helpline.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hours of operation:  6:30 AM to 5:00 PM CST (Detroit, MI--Central Standard Time)

Days of operation:  Open Monday - Friday

Website: https://irs.gov/tax-professionals/enrolled-agents

Calling to check on the status of your renewal application?  The IRS asks you to allow 60 days for processing of a renewal before calling to check on the status.

PTIN Helpline

  • Obtaining a new PTIN
  • Renewing an existing PTIN
  • Checking the exact name on your PTIN account
  • Verifying your exact PTIN

Phone:  (877)-613-7846 (toll free)

International callers:  (915) 342-5655 (not toll free)

Hours of operation:  8 AM to 5 PM CST (Central Standard Time)

Days of operation:  Open Monday - Friday

Website:  www.irs.gov/ptin

Enrolled Agent Change of Address or Proof of CE Credits

Contact the IRS by mail or fax if:

  • Your contact information has changed since the time of your last renewal or
  • You have been asked to provide proof of CE credits, usually due to a CE audit or to reactivate your license

Mailing address

Internal Revenue Service
Enrolled Agent Policy & Management
P.O. Box 33968
Detroit, MI, 48232

Fax number

Fax: (855)-889-7959

Include in your correspondence:

  • Name,
  • Enrolled Agent number
  • Contact information
  • Social security number or tax identification number, and
  • Date.

For change of address include both:

  • Prior contact information and
  • New contact information,

Yes we report your CE hours to the IRS We do report your CE hours earned to the IRS electronically.  We are an approved IRS CPE provider for Enrolled Agents and Tax Preparers.

irs ce provider logo black

Become a smarter, richer accountant

in just 10 minutes when you read

The Thrifty Accountant Newsletter

When we run across something that will help you save money--or make your work easier, we put it in our monthly newsletter.


Sign up now, it's FREE!

Privacy Policy: We will never share your email address. Period. You are free to cancel at any time.

Why EAs take our courses

"I loved the convenience of FunCPE: printing out the study materials and tests, entering the test answers online at my convenience and receiving the e-mailed CPE certificates. I liked being able to work off line and then complete the tests online."
--Louanda Feather, EA (North Canton, OH)

* * *

"Very well organized, the questions were illustrative of the text content and the rules and regulations for which they were pertinent.

I will absolutely be back on your site, I have purchased several more exams, and plan to use them very soon."
--Frank B. Howard, EA (Ukiah, CA).

* * *

"Still the best CPE site . . . and thanks for not charging a fortune Thank you again. . . still the best CPE site . . . and thanks for not charging a fortune. I need 92 CPEs by next year's end, so I will see you again. Great people, communication is intelligent and very respectful and polite. Really appreciate this. Intend to use your company often. Thanks.
--E. M., EA (Salisbury, MD)

Which FunCPE courses quailify for EA CPE?

As per the rules outlined in Treasury Department Circular No. 230, qualifying Enrolled Agent CPE must be in the areas of:

Federal taxation |  Federal tax related matters |  Ethics (2 hours per year)

All FunCPE  tax courses qualify for EA CPE as well as all of our ethics courses.  You can:

Sign up for a tax package which includes ethics:

~ or ~

Select your individual courses:

FunCPE exams are available online 24/7 to help you meet your CPE requirements on time. For the book based courses (under the Tax courses using books category) purchase books separately or borrow from library!