Who is Funcpe?
Who is FunCPE?
Since 2001, FunCPE has provided self-study continuing professional education for over 35 professions. We are owned and operated by CPAs. All exams are prepared and/or tested by CPAs. We are committed to providing:
- Accurate and
education materials for financial professionals.
We like to take a light-hearted approach to CPE. Technically, there is no requirement that CPE courses must be dull–and our research indicates a higher retention rate when there is a humorous touch. Read more on the FunCPE About Us page.
Why FunCPE? Do you have references from students?
Yes, we have received hundreds of positive comments from our students and you can read some of the unsolicited feedback to get a feel for our:
- Course system and
- Customer service.
We also offer a Risk Free Guarantee, so the only risk to you is missing out on some interesting courses at remarkably low prices!
Which professionals can obtain CPE credit from FunCPE?
Our CPE courses meet national and state requirements for:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), (in most states)
- Enrolled Agent (EA),
- Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) and
- Over 32 more tax, accounting, financial and fraud professionals listed here.
Don’t see your profession or license listed? Contact us and we’ll find out if our CPE courses will meet your requirements.
How does FunCPE compare to other CPE providers?
Our courses are informative, interesting and –dare we say it–sometimes even entertaining.
You may notice our prices are the among the lowest in the market. Our prices are lower because:
- Many of our courses include online materials.
- No book purchase is ever required for our book-based courses–borrow it from the library (or even buy a used book from Amazon–we have seen some of our selections for less that $1.00!).
- No sales tax is charged, even in our home state of Texas. The Texas Comptroller determined that a taxpayer’s charges for access to online educational courses were not subject to sales and use tax in a private letter ruling in 2018.
- No requirement to purchase multiple courses to get a discount–our courses are already discounted!
- No need to “share with a friend” to get a discount–although many of our students do share the books for book based courses.
- Best of all, no annual membership needed–just buy the courses you need, when you need them.
Where is FunCPE located?
We are in The Woodlands, Texas, which is a relatively small town of about 100,000 just one hour north of Houston.
The Woodlands was built on 27,000 acres, including the site of a former lumber mill, and we border the W.G. Jones State Forest. Needless to say, there are a lot of trees here.