How to see questions missed
How do you see which questions you missed?
Most CPA state boards and the IRS require that CPE courses be “interactive” and also restrict when we can display which questions you missed.
Interactive courses must include:
- Study guide/outline and
- Review questions with feedback for correct and incorrect responses.
Review question exams
1) Courses labelled “Book Course”
There is a separate Review Questions Exam in the Exam Center
The review exam is optional, but many students find it is a helpful way to prepare for the final exam.
This type of exam will have a “Start Review Exam” button on the main course page.
Our Review Questions Exam is set up that you can take the optional exam but you do not have to pass the exam.
- You do not even have to answer all the questions.
Once you submit the exam, your Exam Results page will have a link titled “Review this exam.”
- Click on that link to find out which questions you missed and why.
After submitting your Review Questions Exam,
- Review your missed questions by going to the Exam Center (in the blue menu bar in the course system) and clicking on the exam name.
2) Courses labelled “Online Materials”
The review questions are mixed in with the course material, appearing at the end of each section.
In this case, the answers to the review questions, along with the explanations for correct and incorrect answers, is at the end of the document.
Final exam review
Due to changes in both the IRS and CPA state board requirements, you cannot review a final exam until AFTER you pass.
In past years, you could take the final exam, then if you didn’t pass, you could view which questions you missed and simply change the wrong answers and resubmit the exam. Now, you will get a new blank exam each time you re-take a final exam.
Once you pass the exam, you can view which questions you missed, and what the correct answer is.
After passing your Final Exam,
- Review your missed questions by going to the Exam Center (top blue menu bar) and clicking on the exam name.