Accredited Business Accountant / Advisor (ABA)
Credential issued and maintained by
Continuing education requirements for ABAs:
- Must earn 120 CPE credit hours per 3 year cycle to maintain a current and active ATA designation and of the total 120 hours of CPE, there must be at least 24 hours in:
- Plus at least 24 hours in:
- accounting and/or related subjects, such as
- business management,
- technology or
- business law.
- Plus 4 hours in ethics.
The current CPE cycle is July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2023.
All FunCPE courses qualify for CPE credit
We offer CPE courses in the following subjects:
- Accounting and auditing
All FunCPE courses are acceptable for ABA CPE credit. ABAs in every state can receive credit for our courses.
We welcome Accredited Business Accountants to our site and would like to serve your needs better.
Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Accredited Business Accountant CPE specifically.
Rules and requirements for ACAT credential holders (Per the ACAT website)
Educational programs that qualify as CPE
The overriding consideration in determining whether a specific program qualifies as acceptable continuing education is that it be a formal program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competence of an accredited individual. The following are deemed acceptable:
- Professional or technical development programs of national, state and local professional/trade organizations or
- Other organized educational programs which meet the following standards.
Qualifying programs must:
- Require attendance.
- Provide a program of at least one class hour (50-minute period) in length.
- Provide a qualified instructor or discussion leader.
- Maintain a record of attendance.
- Retain a written outline of the course.
Continuing education credit will be given for whole hours only, with a minimum of 50 minutes constituting the class hour.
Acceptable courses and course providers
"ACAT will accept any credential-related CPE that is accepted by any state board, by any NSA Affiliated State Organization, by the Internal Revenue Service or by an accredited university or college qualifies. CPE is accepted from live courses, as well as, self-study courses."
FunCPE courses are accepted by most CPA state boards and the Internal Revenue Service. All courses are self-study format.
Can I use self-study and journals for my contact hours?
Independent study that is approved for continuing education credits may be used for 100% of the hours required for certification renewal.
Do CPE programs need to be approved or accredited by a national organization?
I already submit CPE for my CPA (or EA, CFP, etc.) designation. Can I use these for my ACAT credentials?
Yes. As long as you have taken the appropriate number of CPE hours in the specified areas, then you may also submit them to ACAT.