Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB)
Credential issued and maintained by
Continuing education requirements for CPBs:
- complete 24 hours of approved CPE in each year period.
- Renewal forms mailed annually in November to the licensee to facilitate reporting CPE courses for renewal of licensure.
- Licensee must complete and return CPE Reporting form with CPB License Renewal form to NACPB by December 31.
Renewal period for CPB
- If initial license term is less than a full year, you must complete 6 hours of CPE for each full quarter of licensure during the CPE reporting period.
- Annual renewal by December 31st
FunCPE courses qualify for CPE credit
FunCPE courses in the following subject areas are recommended for CPE for CPBs:
- Accounting and auditing
- Advisory Services
We welcome Certified Public Bookkeepers to our site and would like to serve your needs better.
Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Certified Public Bookkeeper CPE specifically.
FunCPE courses are acceptable for Certified Public Bookkeeper CPE credit. CPB s in every state can receive credit for our courses.
- protects the public interest by helping to ensure only qualified individuals provide public bookkeeping services and
- assures the public that members are trusted and competent bookkeepers.
- Certification–which assures the public that you have knowledge and skills. You obtain the certification by passing a uniform examination which is open book.
- Licensing–which assures the public that you have not only knowledge and skills, but also experience and ethics. You obtain the license by completing the license application after passing the certification exam. You must have at least one year of bookkeeping or accounting experience and agree to abide by the NACPB Code of Professional Conduct.