Licensed Tax Consultant-Oregon (LTC)

Credential issued and maintained by

State of Oregon’s Board of Tax Practitioners

 Continuing education requirements for LTCs:

Annual CPE requirement
Licensed Tax Consultants are required to complete 30 hours of continuing education related to tax law and tax preparation per year. To renew their licenses each year, licensees must attest to having completed a minimum of 30 hours of acceptable continuing education during the 13 months prior to each license year.

Subject to random CPE verification
The Board audits licensees on a random basis to verify compliance with continuing-education requirements.

First year LTCs receive CPE waiver
Continuing education is waived for the first renewal of a tax preparer license.

Reactivating lapsed or inactive licenses
Licensed Tax Consultants who allow their licenses to lapse or be inactive for less than three years must attest to 30 hours of acceptable continuing education for each lapsed or inactive year to qualify for license renewal or reactivation.

All FunCPE tax courses qualify for LTC CPE credit

The Oregon State Board accepts self-study and online correspondence courses from sponsors that are approved by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as a Qualified Sponsor of continuing professional education for Enrolled Agents.

FunCPE is IRS Qualifed Sponsor No.FAE6R.

Accordingly, all FunCPE Tax courses are considered appropriate for LTC continuing education purposes. Courses in the Management or Accounting/Auditing category would NOT be acceptable for CE credit.

Are FunCPE courses preapproved by the Oregon Board of Tax Practitioners?

The Oregon Board does not preapprove courses if they are already approved by another acceptable entity such as the IRS

We welcome Licensed Tax Consultants to our site and would like to serve your needs better.

Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for LTC CPE specifically.

Oregon tax professionals 

The State of Oregon’s Board of Tax Practitioners sets competency and ethical standards for tax professionals practicing in Oregon. Any person preparing personal income tax returns for a fee or representing that they do so must be licensed by the Oregon State Board of Tax Practitioners.

The only exemptions to the licensing requirement are CPAs and Public Accountants licensed by the Oregon Board of Accountancy, and members of the Oregon State Bar who prepare returns for their law clients.

Enrolled Agents practicing in Oregon must hold a consultant license with the Board of Tax Practitioners if they are preparing, assisting or advising in the preparation of individual income tax returns. No LTC license is required if the Enrolled Agent is merely representing the taxpayer before the IRS.