Study Guide-Tax Treatment of IRAs
The study guide is provided to guide you through the course material in a step by step format.
Course material is a PDF document.
Chapter 1 –
Assignment: Chapter 1 <<>> Review Questions Group #1: # 1-6
When you have completed this chapter, you should be able to:
- Apply the rules governing eligibility and permitted contribution levels applicable to traditional IRAs;
- Identify the requirements and benefits related to a spousal IRA;
- List the rules governing the tax treatment of contributions to and distributions from a traditional IRA; and
- Recognize the traditional IRA distribution rules.
Chapter 2 –
Assignment: Chapter 2 <<>> Review Questions Group #2: #1-6
In this chapter we will look at the rules governing Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (ESAs). When you have completed this chapter, you should be able to:
- Eligibility and permitted contribution levels applicable to Roth IRAs;
- The tax treatment of contributions to and distributions from Roth IRAs; and
- Roth IRA distributions.