Accredited Retirement Advisor (ARA)
Certification issued and maintained by
Continuing education requirements for ARAs:
- Must earn 72 CPE credit hours per 3 year cycle to maintain a current and active ARA designation and
- Of the total 72 hours of CPE, there must be at least 24 hours in eldercare issues
- asset management
- Social Security
- long-term care
- trusts and estates
- The remaining 48 CPE hours can be in the general business subjects of:
- business law
- accounting or
- subjects that relate to your particular area of practice of employment
- plus 4 hours in ethics.
The current CPE cycle is July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023.
All FunCPE courses qualify for CPE credit
We offer CPE courses in the following subjects:
- Accounting and auditing
All FunCPE courses are acceptable for ARA CPE credit. ARAs in every state can receive credit for our courses.
We welcome Accredited Business Accountants to our site and would like to serve your needs better.
Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Accredited Retirement Advisor CPE specifically.
Rules and requirements for ACAT credential holders (Per the ACAT website)
Educational programs that qualify as CPE
The overriding consideration in determining whether a specific program qualifies as acceptable continuing education is that it be a formal program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competence of an accredited individual. The following are deemed acceptable:
- Professional or technical development programs of national, state and local professional/trade organizations or
- Other organized educational programs which meet the following standards.
Qualifying programs must:
- Require attendance.
- Provide a program of at least one class hour (50-minute period) in length.
- Provide a qualified instructor or discussion leader.
- Maintain a record of attendance.
- Retain a written outline of the course.
Continuing education credit will be given for whole hours only, with a minimum of 50 minutes constituting the class hour.
Acceptable courses and course providers
"ACAT will accept any credential-related CPE that is accepted by any state board, by any NSA Affiliated State Organization, by the Internal Revenue Service or by an accredited university or college qualifies. CPE is accepted from live courses, as well as, self-study courses."
FunCPE courses are accepted by most CPA state boards and the Internal Revenue Service. All courses are self-study format.
Can I use self-study and journals for my contact hours?
Independent study that is approved for continuing education credits may be used for 100% of the hours required for certification renewal.
Do CPE programs need to be approved or accredited by a national organization?
I already submit CPE for my CPA (or EA, CFP, etc.) designation. Can I use these for my ACAT credentials?
Yes. As long as you have taken the appropriate number of CPE hours in the specified areas, then you may also submit them to ACAT.