Professional Bookkeeper (PB)
Credential issued and maintained by:
Continuing education requirements for PBs:
There are no continuing education or renewal requirements in order to maintain your professional bookkeeper certification. All CPE is optional, however you are encouraged to recognize the importance of professional education in maintaining and improving bookkeeping comprehension as well as staying up to date on bookkeeping best practices.
Accordingly, FunCPE courses in the following subject areas are recommended for CPE for CBs:
- Accounting and auditing
- Advisory Services
UA does not require periodic renewal of the Professional Bookkeeper certification, and there is no deadline for completion of continuing education.
All FunCPE courses are appropriate for PB continuing education
We offer CPE courses in the following subjects:
- Accounting and auditing
All FunCPE courses are acceptable for PB CPE, although there are no specific CPE requirements for Professional Bookkeepers.
We welcome Professional Bookkeepers to our site and would like to serve your needs better.
Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for PB CPE specifically.
History of Professional Bookkeepers
Universal Accounting was founded in 1979 and has a current membership of 1,000s of bookkeepers.
Universal Accounting created the Professional Bookkeeper certification and focuses on:
- Providing students with the education, skills and confidence needed to enjoy a successful career in full-charge accounting, bookkeeping and tax and
- Assisting accounting and tax firms in building more profitable client bases.
How to become a Professional Bookkeeper
To achieve the Certified Professional Bookkeeper designation, you must complete over 48 hours of training using a Universal Accounting home study correspondence course which covers:
- Accounting. Understand the core building blocks of Accounting and Bookkeeping: the tools, procedures, and underlying principles that make up the bookkeeping processes of all businesses.
- Practical Small Business Applications. Learn to set up books from scratch and do payroll. Apply your understanding of the core accounting principles to specific industries.
- Advancing your “Account-Ability.” Find out how to set up complete bookkeeping systems and manage the books for a variety of more sophisticated industries.
- Building a Successful Accounting Service. Follow the steps to finding paying clients. Start and grow an accounting practice following a proven program tested and perfected since 1979.
You must also pass the final exam with a 90% or better grade.