Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC)
Credential issued and maintained by
College for Financial Planning (Kaplan)
Continuing education requirements for CRPC:
16 CE credit hours every two years
Note: the terms CE (Continuing Education) and CPE (Continuing Professional Education) are used interchangeably here.
CPE Providers accepted
CPE courses can be taken from any provider.
Subject matter requirements
The CRPC designation does not have specific subject matter requirements.
CE courses are expected to generally help maintain knowledge of current industry trends in the financial market.
Students often select courses related to or updating topics originally discussed in the CRPC credential program materials:
- Maximizing the Client Experience During the Retirement Planning Process
- Principles and Strategies When Investing for Retirement
- Making the Most of Social Security Retirement Benefits
- Bridging the Income Gap: Identifying Other Sources of Retirement Income
- Navigating Health Care Options in Retirement
- Making the Emotional and Financial Transition to Retirement
- Designing Optimal Retirement Income Stream
- Achieving Income Tax and Estate Planning Objectives in Retirement
- Fiduciary, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues for Advisers
FunCPE courses are acceptable for CRPC CE credit. CRPCs in every state can receive credit for our courses. All FunCPE courses meet standard CE program development criteria.
Which FunCPE courses are valid for CRPC CPE credit
All courses except ethics are acceptable for CRPC credit. The college for Financial Planning recommends that you select courses that are relevant for your situation specifically.
Our ethics courses are not appropriate because they cover IRS specific rules.
We welcome Chartered Retirement Planning Counselors to our site and would like to serve your needs better. Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor specifically.
Accepted CPE subjects
CPE courses on the following subjects are examples of commonly accepted areas of study:
- 401(k) Plans
- Asset Allocation
- Financial Challenges Facing Retirees
- Financial Planning Process
- Financial Products
- Indexed Products
- Introduction to Life Insurance
- Introduction to Trusts
- Investing Retirement Assets
- Life Insurance Underwriting
- Long-Term Care
- Beneficiary Designation Planning
General subjects suggested
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial Planning
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
Education program criteria
Continuing education (CE) can be taken from any provider for College for Financial Planning credentials.
While the College for Financial Planning does not have specific course requirements, all FunCPE courses meet standard CPE program criteria, such as those prescribed by the Internal Revenue Service and the State Boards of Accountancy, among others.
- contribute to the professional competence of participants;
- state program objectives which specify the level of knowledge the participants should have attained, or the level of competence to be demonstrated upon completing the program;
- state education or experience prerequisites, if appropriate for the program;
- be developed by individuals qualified in the subject matter and instructional design;
- provide program content which is current;
- be on a professional level.
Certificate renewal date is based on original date credential obtained.
The non-refundable renewal fee is $95 per designation* for a two-year period. A non-refundable late fee of $10 per designation is incurred if all renewal requirements are not completed, received, and accepted by the College for Financial Planning by the renewal due date.
* Designees holding two or more designations from the College for Financial Planning may elect to pay a Multiple Designation Renewal Fee of $95 and create a single renewal date for all their College designations. The $95 fee covers the renewal fee for all designations for a two-year period.
History of the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC) credential
The issuing agency, the College for Financial Planning was established in 1972 to manage the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential. Since then, the College has created several additional credentials in the financial planning field including:
FPQP: Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional
WMS: Wealth Management Specialist
AAMS: Accredited Asset Managemnt Specialist
APMA: Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor
AWMA: Accredited Wealth Management Advisor
CSRIC: Chartered SRI Counselor
In 1997 the College purchased the American Institute of Retirement Planners and created the course, exams and credentials for:
CRPC: Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor and
CRPS: Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist
Kaplan, Inc. is an American for-profit corporation that acquired the College for Financial Planning in 2018. Kaplan was established in 1938 as a tutoring and test prep business. They eventually expanded into providing both the test prep for credentials and the credentials themselves.
Your Satisfaction Is Our Primary Concern
Easy Course System * Unusual Double Guarantee * Personal Help Available * CPE Questions Answered By CPA
877-7FUNCPE | (877-738-6273)
|Course System||CPE Acceptance|
|Forgot Login||EA & AFSP|
|Course Evaluation||Other Professionals|
|Student Feedback||Terms & Conditions|
Need even more fun?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Ever been curious about those ads to “Work for TurboTax Live”? When you subscribe you’ll get a 5-part series of first hand reports from a student that took one of those jobs–and how it turned out!
Are you stuck?
If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to ask. Call 877-738-6273 or email us! It’s better to ask a “silly question” than to get stuck for hours going round in circles. We can help you with a strategy to get your CPE done or your license reactivated or just help with your concerns.
Does anything bug you?
Does anything on our website bug you? Nothing is too small or too big. If there is something we can fix, we’d love to know. Click here to report a Bug!
Copyright © 2022 FunCPE | All rights reserved | FunCPE and Fun CPE are registered trademarks of FunCPE