AFSP IRS Sponsor Information
IRS approved CPE provider
Approved since 2001
Completions reported promptly to IRS
Certificate includes IRS course number
Reprint certificates at any time
FunCPE is an Approved Continuing Education Sponsor for the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Preparers
- View current IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider agreement
- AFSP IRS Approved CE Provider number is FAE6R
- FunCPE has been an approved IRS CPE sponsor for almost 20 years for IRS tax preparers, including EAs, RTRPs and now AFSPs (also called Other Tax Return Preparers (OTRPs)
- Each tax and ethics course has an approved IRS program number which prints on your certificate
FunCPE Reports CE courses completed to the IRS
In accordance with IRS CE Provider requirements, FunCPE reports your courses completed and CE hours earned to the IRS directly. CE is reported to the IRS electronically, and the IRS system checks what we submit against the PTIN information you provided to the IRS. We report every Monday all CE courses completed in the week just passed ending Sunday. The IRS then posts the CE courses to your PTIN account overnight, and you can view the courses reported on Tuesday, by logging into your PTIN account.
How to make sure your CE gets reported to the IRS
We ask for your PTIN number when you enroll in a course, as required by the CE reporting requirements.
The PTIN you enter in our registration must match the first and last name you provided to the IRS with your PTIN registration. The IRS matches the PTIN to your first and last name only, the middle name or middle initial is not considered.
We recommend that you
- login to your IRS PTIN account to verify the name you have on record with the IRS and the PTIN and
- use the exact name when registering for courses.
Do not include any punctuation in your name such as hyphens, commas or periods, as these will cause the CE to be rejected when we submit it.
The PTIN is the letter “P” followed by 8 numbers. Do not use the letter “O” —only use zeros in your PTIN when you enter it in our course system.
How to verify your hours are in your IRS PTIN account
You can log into your PTIN account on the IRS web site and view hours reported. This will allow you to verify that all courses taken have been properly credited to your account. We anticipate some mis-reported CE due to typos when the PTIN is entered.
We report your hours every Monday for the week just passed ending Sunday, and the IRS posts the hours to your account at midnight. During December we post the hours every day.
We automatically send you an email
- if you have entered a PTIN in your account setup and
- the hours are rejected by the IRS
Definitely contact us if you don’t see the courses posted to your account.
Our CPE Certificates of Completion meet the IRS standards for CE
When you pass the final exam of a course, you automatically receive a CPE certificate of completion by email from FunCPE.
- You can also view and reprint your certificates by logging into the course system
- Although courses must be completed within one year, your login never expires
- All FunCPE certificates include the required information
Written confirmation of course completed includes:
- Your name and address
- CE program name
- IRS issued program number
- IRS approved continuing education provider logo
- Date completed
- Length of CE program indicating CPE credit hours
- Signature of a sponsor representative
- IRS approved provider number
- CE Provider name and address
- Unique sequential certificate number